Header Cross-Col1

Wednesday 4 April 2018

Describe your rights and responsibilities as a worker

Health and safety
My rights are to have a safe working environment. I must have all the equipment or machineries as necessary to perform any tasks safely. I must have access to the required information, guidelines and trainings. My responsibilities are to cooperate with employer by reporting any concerns that can breach the health and safety law. I must use equipment as directed including PPE.

Confidentiality
My rights are to have training on confidentiality or information security. I must have instructions, system and equipment in place to follow such procedures.
My responsibilities are not to share any confidential information without individual's consent. I must keep all the daily care log book locked away. In the event of any confidentiality breach I must report to my manager as soon as possible.

Working time
I am entitled to receive work according to my contract. I am entitled to have a break of at least 15 minutes every 4-6 hours of work. I must opt out of working time regulation if I intend to work more than 48 hours.

Pay and wages
My right is to receive wages according to the contract of employment and must meet NMW. My employer must collect Tax and National insurance contribution and pay to appropriate authority (such as HMRC, DWP) on my behalf. I am entitled to have paid holiday. My responsibilities are to produce correct working hours to the employer including proof of any extra costs incurred due to carry out specific job.