Header Cross-Col1

Thursday 8 March 2018

Thinking about the statements in Part i) that would need to be reported, explain how you would raise your concerns, or whistleblow and why.

I must report to my team leader or supervisor immediately. If team leader is not reachable then I must report to my manager without any delay. I can do that verbally or in writings. If there is any issue with health and safety, I must use 'Do not enter' or 'caution' signpost at first. I must record this issue while ensuring others safety, then report to my team leader or line manager.

I can assist individual to make complaint for the poor delivery of the service.

If my manager is involved in abusive behaviour then I must report it to the Local Safeguarding Authority or follow guidance from policies and procedures.

The reason I should raise my concern or whistleblow is that I have a responsibilities of safeguarding individuals. If I do not raise concerns about health and safety then anyone can cause harm or injuries including myself. If I do not raise concerns on the above scenario, then I would not be following policies and procedures which can be the subject to disciplinary action or prosecution against me.